UDUG ASSOCIATION, Somali Development Organization has a good track record and history of delivering successful projects and activities for IRISH community particularly people from a Somali background or East African Communities who have cultural and language barriers.
– We provide advice, information and advocacy on issues about benefits, housing, health, debt, education, etc.
– We directly work with The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Somalia to provide consular services to Somalian citizens in Ireland.
– We make referrals for clients with complex cases to partners with provisional specialised advice skills and legal centres.
– We signpost information from other organisations to our service users such as mainstream local services and other advice providers.
– We run a class for women combined with English conversation, health workshops, and hate crime and violence sessions.
– We provide supplementarily school and holiday projects for children and young people to help with Math, English, Science and school homework.
– We also provide outings and trips during the school holidays.
– We distribute food and digital devices during the lockdown due to the pandemic and to respond to the emergency needs of our clients confined at home and those digitally excluded.